Exceptionally rare KA 522-A Coupe! Restored in original Black over Tan mohair! 49,881 documented original miles! Long-term ownership history! $45k in receipts in the last four years! Mechanically sound and ready for judging/driving events! CCCA Full Classic! Introduced in 1931 to replace Lincoln’s aging Leland-era Model L, the Model K made quite a splash almost…
Exceptionally rare KA 522-A Coupe! Restored in original Black over Tan mohair! 49,881 documented original miles! Long-term ownership history! $45k in receipts in the last four years! Mechanically sound and ready for judging/driving events! CCCA Full Classic!
Introduced in 1931 to replace Lincoln’s aging Leland-era Model L, the Model K made quite a splash almost immediately! With new styling came increased sales and the revised 385ci V8 was among the smoothest, most powerful and largest engines that money could buy. For its sophomore year, the K-Series Lincolns split into two distinct subcategories: the KA, powered by last year’s V8 and riding on a 136” wheelbase, and the new flagship KB, powered by an all-new Lincoln/Ford 382ci V12 and riding on an extended 145” wheelbase. In 1934, the V12 was enlarged to 414ci and became the standard engine across the entire Model K line-up, which now distinguished KA and KB by wheelbase. 1934 Lincolns arrived with fresh sheet metal that bore resemblance to the 1934 Ford, only on a larger and more extravagant scale. Production totaled only 2,149 cars and was primarily limited to those requiring not only transportation but also a vehicle that made a statement. These cars remain incredibly collectible today for their clean lines, driving experience and their V12 heart, which to this day could be argued as one of America’s best pre-war examples!
We are excited to offer this Lincoln Model KA 522-A 3-Window 2/4 Passenger Rumble Seat Coupe! This particular example is finished in Black with a cashmere pinstripe over Tan mohair interior with hand-laid burled hardwood on the doors and dash. With coachwork designed by Dietrich and built by Murray, this car is also equipped with a rear-mount spare, further adding to the car’s long, sweeping silhouette! Showing only 49,881 original miles and powered by its original numbers matching V12 (date stamped 10/19/33) with correct Bohnalite 29-stud aluminum heads, Stromberg EE-22 downdraft carburetor and three-speed floor-shift manual transmission (date stamped 11/24/33), it goes without saying that the driver should expect effortless torque and silky smooth gear changes. This is a car that has no trouble keeping up with traffic and is a delight to pilot down the road. Features and options on the car include golf bag door, Motorola Town & Country radio with steering column selection dial and under dash speaker, tinted glass and pivoted wind wings, greyhound hood ornament, fore/aft adjustable seat, courtesy light, visors with passenger vanity mirror, leather rumble seat, rumble seat footrest, rear parcel storage locker, stainless steel exhaust tip, locking tool kit in passenger front fender and more! The car rides on correct 40-spoke painted wire wheels with Lincoln hubcaps and Firestone 7.00-18 Heavy Duty 6-ply High Speed gum-dipped balloon wide whitewall tires.
With 49,881 documented miles on the odometer, this KA has known long-term ownership since new! According to documentation, the car was ordered in December of 1933 and delivered in sunny Pasadena, California to Vito & Josephi Cimmarusti of Glendale in February 1934. They owned the vehicle until 1990 and it was serviced the last 30 years with family friend Sarge Schreiber, who would be the next owner to claim ownership rights when he purchased it with only 41,000 miles. It would go on to have several other owners (counting five in total) until arriving here in St. Louis. The “Grand Lady” has been consistently owned by Lincoln Owners Club members and has been shown extensively, taking home several best-in-class awards, most recently at the 2014 Western National Meet in Tacoma, Washington, where it received a sizable trophy for winning Best Primary Division honors (1921-1940 model years).
The car is said to have been restored by Dick Scritchfield of Burbank, California some time ago and the single stage enamel paint can almost assure that it has been the better part of several decades since completion. Despite the limited mileage, time often proves to get the better of old machines and the several previous owners made their best efforts to make sure this car runs as good as it looks. We have over $45,000 in receipts beginning in December of 2010 that include major overhauls of almost every mechanical component of the car. In early 2011, the engine was bored .020 over with new valves and springs, zinc anodes installed, resurfaced heads, reconditioned rods/pistons and a rebuild of the original carburetor. The oil pan and fuel tank were removed and boiled and complemented with brand new fuel lines and pump. In late 2011, new gears were cut (ORF Corp.) for the rear end to improve highway cruising and the entire Timken 4200 rear axle was rebuilt and reinstalled. The brakes, cooling and oil systems were all rebuilt as well, comprising of a flushed radiator, rebuilt thermostat, and replacing of any and all frayed wires under the dash and hood. Through 2012-2013, the exhaust and many small suspension components were replaced with NOS units to ensure both correctness and fit and finish.
The car remains in outstanding mechanical condition and is a pleasure to see in person. The paint and chrome could be called very good, especially considering their age. Upon closer inspection, it is possible to see the effects of the older enamel paint only in select areas but the car remains extremely presentable and the next owner won’t be bashful to take the car to any Lincoln or pre-war judged events. The details are what really set the car apart from others – quadruple hinged doors, roll-down rear window, tilt out windshield, passenger grab handle, perfectly symmetrical dash with matching left/right locking gloveboxes (locks patented 1925), polished fuel filler cap, correct left/right specific Flexbeam headlights by C.M. Hall Lamp Co of Detroit, Michigan, fender-mount parking lights, heavy duty Timken front/rear axles, and the list goes on! Included are a folder of receipts, owner notes and information, documentation on the car’s life and several awards, trophies and plaques. Also included are a hand-fabricated aluminum hubcap tool and original 1934 Lincoln “Book Of Instruction” owner’s manual and operations guide.
A superbly intricate car by any standards, it is an investment grade example and a rare one to boot. It is said to be one of only five with both a rumble seat and a rear-mount spare and the only one known to exist today. Furthermore, this KA qualifies as a CCCA Full Classic and is eligible to participate in both regional and national judged and driving events. We would invite any interested parties to call with further questions or to schedule a viewing of this extraordinary KA! Thanks for looking!
All potential Stateside customers should simply contact the St. Louis Car Museum & Sales directly for competitive rate quotes and professional, enclosed shipping options.
In an effort to protect buyers from fraudulent activity, and to help ensure the authenticity of correspondence between St. Louis Car Museum and its potential buyers, our website does NOT display or share any personal information. We STRONGLY encourage our potential buyers to contact us directly to answer questions or to verify correspondence. All of our vehicles are advertised locally and nationally using a variety of formats. To secure a vehicle, please contact us.
Please call: (800) 957-5707 or (314) 993-7104 with any questions or to discuss financing or transportation arrangements.